To securely access our services, even on non-whitelisted addresses, Lemonway provides you with the two-factor authentication (2FA) option. This feature enables users to log in from any non-whitelisted IP address using a verification code.
To enable two-step authentication you will need to download an authenticator app to your mobile device. The app scans QR codes and retrieves authentication data for you. Recommended authenticator apps include:
- Google Authenticator (available on iOS & Android)
- Microsoft Authenticator (available on iOS & Android)
- Duo Mobile (available on iOS & Android)
- Authy (available on iOS & Android)
Enable two-factor authentication (2FA)
If the Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) option is not displayed, then you do not have the permission to enable it. To request Two-factor authentication (2FA) permission contact your account admin.
From the Dashboard, click Configuration. A menu displays.
- Click Roles
- Click the pencil icon on the line of the role you wish to edit
- Search for Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) and tick the box
- Click Save
- Click Two-factor authentication in the sidebar
- Click Activate 2FA. A pop-up box appears
- Select one of the following methods to continue:
Scan the QR code with your camera
Enter the secret key displayed in the pop-up box in your authenticator app
- Enter the verification code received on the app in the field at the bottom of the pop-up box.
- Click Verify
Once 2FA is activated, if you want to log in from a non-whitelisted IP address, you will be able to do so with the verification code provided in the Authenticator app.
Updated about 1 year ago